Is this a monthly subscription which I can stop anytime?
We offer a monthly seat subscription option that you can stop at any time or we have an annual subscription option that is only paid once a year for the following 12-month period but is not refundable.
What are the system requirements for TelSpanWeb?
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor (or equivalent) for Microsoft® Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 8.1
- Windows 10, 8.1 (64-bit), 8.0 (64-bit), Windows 7 (64-bit)
- 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended) for Windows 7 or Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 or later, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Windows Edge browser
- Adobe® Flash® Player 13.0+
- 1.83GHz Intel CoreTM Duo or faster processor
- 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
- Mac OS X 10.8, 10.9, 10.10
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 13.0+
- Ubuntu 14.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 13.1
- No screen share support for Linux; users on Linux can attend meetings in the browser
- Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 13.0+
Stable Internet Connection, DSL or above
- 100kbps for video transmission
- 300kbps for screen sharing and remote control
- Recommended 500kbps to ensure fluidity of all services
Flash player 10.3.183.5 or newer (latest version of flash player recommended) http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer
How many guests can attend the webinar other than the host?
This answer is based on the type of license you currently have. If you have a 25 seat license, then you can have 25 people in the webinar at a time. This includes you, your presenters, and participants. If at any point you need more capacity, please contact us, firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 800-898-2315, and we will adjust the account license accordingly.
How many moderators can you have in one session?
We put limits on the maximum number of moderators per session based on the size of the event for performance reasons.
Those limits are:
0 – 50 participants => 15 moderators
50 – 100 participants => 10 moderators
100+ participants => 5 moderators.
What files are accepted in the media library?
Files with the following extensions can be opened immediately after upload:
- Office: doc, docx, ppt, pptx, pps, ppsx, xls, xlsx and also pdf, txt, and rtf
- Video: avi, wmv, mpg, mpeg, asf, asx, fix, mkv, xvid and the file types mentioned in the previous question; mp4, flv, mov
- Audio: wma, wav, wave, aif, aiff, mpa and ogg
Can I embed recordings and live meetings onto my website?
Yes, please refer to the Recordings section to find the steps to accomplish this.
How many meetings can I hold daily?
You can hold as many meetings as you would like within your account parameters daily. If you ever need to adjust your meeting capacity to accommodate additional participants for one meeting, please contact us at email@example.com or by phone 800-898-2315.
Can I hold simultaneous meetings?
Should you need to hold two or more meetings at one time, please contact your Account Manager to set up additional user licenses.
How do I change my password?
- Click on the ‘Welcome’ at the top right.
- Select ‘Account Settings’.
- Type in your new password in the two password fields.
- Click ‘Update’ at the bottom right of the page.
I’m having trouble getting my file to convert, it seems the conversion fails. What can I do?
If a PPT/PPTX file either takes a long period of time to convert, does not upload, or they receive a message to “Convert File” after it went through the conversion process try the following. Check the title of the file to see if there are any symbols or if the title is excessively long. Re-title the file without symbols or shorten the file name and try to re-upload. Should this fail, convert the PPT/PPTX file to a PDF and then upload. This solution is usually quicker if the meeting is about to start or has started already. If the user continues to experience issues have them forward the file to Web-Services to troubleshoot.
The PowerPoint file I uploaded automatically advances to the next slide on its own. How do I fix this?
The presentation may have timings or automated animations built into the file. These must be removed from the file in PowerPoint and then re-uploaded into the Media Library.
What is the reason for this error: “You are no longer connected and please refresh the window for reconnecting”?
You will need to check your internet connection. This is a sign that your connection has dropped or is very poor.
What kind of software is required for a host to share their screen and a user to view that screen?
The presenter would simply need to install the screen share plugin.
What do I do when I get the error “Unable to Establish a Connection”?
TelSpanWeb is firewall-friendly and attempts to pass through the firewall using 3 separate attempts. In the event that you receive an “Unable to Establish a Connection” error message, please verify that the internet connection is working properly. To check for issues, use the TelSpanWeb System Check http://web.telspan.com/systemcheck. If the system check fails in the Connectivity section, it is possible that the firewall is blocking access to TelSpanWeb which may require you to contact your IT department. TelSpan’s Web Services team would be happy to work directly with your IT department to ensure the necessary firewall ports are accessible (80/443/1935).
What is a Friendly URL?
A Friendly URL is a link that you can setup in your TelSpanWeb account and send to your participants using your own email. This is a general link that can be shared. Please refer to the Schedule section of the Knowledge Base to help you in setting up your Friendly URL.
One of my speakers signed in as a participant instead of as a moderator. Can I promote them or do they need to log out and back in?
- If you are not already, log into your TelSpanWeb session as a host or moderator.
- In the participant box, find the person’s name you would like change the role of.
- Hover your cursor over the icon to the left of their name and a gear box will populate.
- Left click on this box and select ‘Role’
- From the options available, choose the role you would like to make the user.
How do I download the attendee report from my recent conference in TelSpanWeb?
- Log into the TelSpanWeb Account Center at https://web.telspan.com.
- Click on ‘Schedule’ on the left side of the Account Center screen.
- Locate the meeting that you would like to download reports for.
- Hover to the right of the meeting, a pencil icon will display, click on the icon.
- If you do not see any tabs listed, click the ‘Advanced options’ button. This will open the tabs for selection.
- Click on the tab marked ‘Reports’ (last tab).
- Click on ‘Export detailed report to CSV’. This will export the report.
- A popup will display asking if you want to save the file automatically. Click desired selection.
- An Excel report will be generated with the data from the meeting.
Can I use TelSpanWeb on my mobile device?
Yes, you can use TelSpanWeb on either your Android or Apple device.
Android Download and Install Instructions:
- Open the Play Store from your mobile device.
- In the search bar type in ‘telspan’.
- Select the ‘TelSpanWeb’ app to download.
- Tap the ‘Install’ button to install it on your device.
- When prompted, accept the access permissions.
iOS Download and Install Instructions:
- Open the App Store from your device.
- Tap on ‘Search’ at the bottom.
- In the search bar type in ‘telspan’.
- Select the ‘Get’ icon to begin the download.
- When prompted, confirm the download.
How do I manage the Media Library?
- Open a session.
- Navigate to the top right icons of your meeting window.
- Simply click on the paper icon and the Media library will slide open on the right side of your screen.
To load materials into your library
- Click on the + sign at the top right of the library.
- Select the type of file or link you would like to load.
- Add from my computer- allows you to add a file locally on your computer. This can be a video (flv, f4v, MP4, M4A, MPG, MPEG, MPG4, MOV, MP4V, MOOV, 3GP, 3G2, WMV) or presentation file. (pptx, ppt, PDF, docx, doc, xlsx, xls, jpeg, png, gif)
- Add from URL- allows you to link a video or document from a website. You can choose to link a video from YouTube or Vimeo. If you would like to place a media file in your library, select ‘Add Media File from URL’ and ensure it has the correct end to the web address.
- Once the material has converted you will be able to double click on the title of the file and it will bring it into view through the content sharing area.
To Share documents
- Click and drag your file from the media library down into the shared files area below.
- Once you see the title of the file listed in the ‘Shared Files’, your participants will be able to download the material when they log into the session with you.
How do I join my meeting from my mobile device?
- Click on the link from the email you received from the host.
- When asked, select the ‘Always Show’ option to be redirected to the app going forward. If you are not automatically redirected or prompted, please select the ‘tap here’ option on the screen to be redirected.
- If asked, enter your name and password.
- Click on ‘Join Session’.
What is the Address Book and how do I use it?
The Address Book is a place where you can load a list of your contacts into your account and access it through the invitation tool in your meeting. To see how to upload a list of your contacts as a CSV refer to the instructions below.
- Export a list of contacts as a CSV file from where you have them stored or create a CSV document to upload.
- Log into TelSpanWeb at https://web.telspan.com.
- Click on ‘Address book’ on the left-hand side.
- Select ‘Import from CSV’.
- Choose ‘Select file’ and browse on your computer to find the file you have stored.
- Once selected select ‘Create’ and your contacts will be loaded into the system.
Note: Headers must be in the exact format listed below
- Required headers include first_name, last_name, emails.
- Additional header names: gender, groups, company, phones, facebook, twitter, job_title, website, industry, address, city, country, postcode.
To download an example document, click here.
How can I help my attendees better utilize TelSpanWeb's features during my webinar?
Below you’ll find a PowerPoint file that you can download and use during the introduction of your webinar. This document can be uploaded separately or merged into a current presentation to provide participants some information on how to use certain features you’ll be taking advantage of during the webinar. Please feel free to adjust this file to fit your needs. We hope this provides you and your participants additional clarity on how to fully participate on TelSpanWeb.
How many slides can I have in my presentation?
You have have up to 200 pages built into your presentation. This is in all PDF, PowerPoint, and Word files.
What are the accepted fonts allowed in a PowerPoint presentation in TelSpanWeb?
Below is a list of the accepted fonts that TelSpanWeb will recognize in a session.
- Times New Roman
- Arial Black
- Century Gothic
- Trebuchet MS
- Comic Sans MS
- Courier New
How do I turn off the notifications that I receive when using screen sharing or the MP4 recorder?
When you are using the screen sharing or MP4 recording features, you will receive notifications from your computer when someone joins the session or sends a chat message through. This is only seen on Windows 10 machines.
The easiest way to disable the notifications is to click on the notifications icon at the bottom right of the desktop on Windows 10 and select “Quiet Hours”. This will disable the notifications from your PC. You can then turn it back on when the presentation is over.