How do I share my screen?
- From the left-hand toolbar, click the ‘Screen Share’ button, which looks like a computer monitor with an arrow on it.
- Choose what you’d like to share. You can select your entire screen, a specific application, or a browser tab.
- Click ‘Share’. Attendees will now see the screen you’re sharing.
- Click the ‘Click Here’ button to preview what they’re seeing.
- To stop screen sharing, click on the ‘Screen Share’ button again from the left-hand toolbar.
How do I customize my layout?
- Login to the session as a Speaker.
- Add your content sources (video, document, polls, etc.).
- Click the tiled icon in the bottom-right corner, then select the ‘Layout Mode’ option.
- Add additional panels (Participants, Conversations, Question & Answer, etc.) from the left-hand menu.
- Resize and rearrange the elements on the screen. Participants won’t see the changes until you click the ‘Apply layout’ button.
- To move content source boxes, hover your mouse over the header of the desired box. You’ll see your cursor change to a 4-way pointer. You may then drag the box to your desired location.
- Panels on the left-hand side (Participants, Conversations, Questions & Answers, Shared Notes) are locked to the left-hand side of the screen but can be rearranged vertically.
- You can adjust the size of any of the boxes by moving your cursor to the border and then expanding/shrinking the box once the cursor changes.
- Once you are satisfied with the layout, click the ‘Apply layout’ button.
- You can collapse slide thumbnails and whiteboard controls by selecting the arrow next to each.
How do I restrict the Audience from seeing who else is connected to the live meeting?
- Log into TelSpanWeb at https://web.telspan.com.
- Click on ‘Schedule’ on the left side of your screen.
- Hover your cursor over the title of your meeting that has been created.
- Click on the pencil icon that populates over on the right.
- Select the ‘Participants’ tab.
- Scroll down and check the box next to ‘Hide user count’.
- Click on ‘Save’ at the bottom right of the screen.
The next time you log into your meeting your Audience will only see the Speakers that are logged on. The Speakers will see everyone that is logged into the session.
One of my Speakers signed in as an Audience member instead of as a Speaker. Can I promote them or do they need to log out and back in?
As a Speaker, you have the ability to promote or demote connected users.
- If you are not already, log into your TelSpanWeb session as a Speaker.
- Open the ‘Participant’ box from the left-hand toolbar.
- Hover your cursor over their name and click the icon with the three dots that pops up.
- Select the option for ‘Move to Speaker’.
Can you use the Conversation box to send a private message?
- Open up the ‘Conversations’ tab from the left-hand menu.
- Select which group or individual you’d like to message by clicking on the drop-down menu immediately under the Conversations header. Type your message into the text box below and press enter.
- EVERYONE: The message can be viewed by all attendees.
- SPEAKERS: This message is only visible to the Speakers.
- INDIVIDUAL: Only the attendee you selected will see your message.
How do I set-up and manage polling?
To add Polling questions:
- Select ‘Content Library’ from the left-hand toolbar.
- Click the ‘Polls’ tab.
- Click ‘Create New’.
- Type your question into the ‘Add Question’ field
- Click ‘Add Option’ and type the polling response. Repeat for additional options.
- If needed, check ‘Multiple Answers’ to give audience members the option to select multiple responses.
- Click ‘Save’
To open Polling questions:
- Select the ‘Polls’ tab from the ‘Content Library’.
- Select your desired question from the saved list and click ‘Open Poll’
- See the responses in real-time as the audience makes their selection along the left-hand side of your screen.
- If you’d like to share the results with all audience members, hover your mouse over the polling question and click on the icon that pops up and select ‘Share results’.
- Click ‘Close poll’ when finished.
- Hover your cursor over the poll to open the options menu and click ‘Export’ to save your results. Reopening the same poll will erase any previous results.
To answer a Polling questions:
- Check the box next your response(s).
- Click ‘Submit’.
How do I set-up and manage questions in the Q&A box?
To ask a question as an Audience member:
- Click the ‘Questions & Answers’ button from the left-hand menu.
- Type your question into the ‘Type your question here’ field and hit ‘Enter’ or click the ‘Ask’ button. Selecting the ‘Ask Anonymously’ box before submitting the question prevents the Speakers from seeing who submitted the question.
To view/answer submitted questions:
- As a Speaker, click the ‘Questions & Answers’ button from the left-hand menu. Submitted questions are only visible to those connected as Speakers.
- Click on the question you would like to address. There are several options available for answering.
- To display the question and written answer to all attendees, type your response into the ‘Type your answer here’ field and hit ‘Enter’ or click the ‘Answer’ button.
- To respond directly to the attendee who submitted the question, type your response into the ‘Type your answer here’ field, check the ‘Answer privately’ box, and hit ‘Enter’ or click the ‘Answer’ button.
- To display the question and provide a verbal answer, click the ‘Live Answer’ button below. All audience members will now see the question as it was written.
- To remove a question from the list, hover over it with your mouse, click the icon that pops up, and select ‘Delete’ from the list.
How do I manage the Content Library?
To access the Content Library
- Open a session.
- Click the ‘Content Library’ icon from the left-hand taskbar.
To load materials into your library
- Click on the ‘Create New’ button at the top of the library.
- NEW FOLDER: Create a folder to organize and efficiently manage your content.
- UPLOAD FILE: Allows you to add a file from your computer.
- ADD YOUTUBE VIDEO: Simply paste the YouTube URL into the box to incorporate the video into your presentation.
- ADD FILE FROM URL: Paste a link to an FTP site to share an MP4, MP3, PNG, JPG, or JPEG.
- ADD WEB APP: Paste a link to an app such as Google Docs or Google Sheets to share and collaborate.
- Once the material has converted you will be able to double click on the title of the file and it will bring it into view through the content sharing area.